Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Palm Sunday at the Catholicosate Cathedral of Armenians in Antelias

APRIL 5, 2009: OUR CHILDREN ARE THE WEALTH OF OUR CHURCH SAID HIS HOLINESS ARAM I ON PALM SUNDAY
On Sunday 5 April 2009 more than a thousand children and their parents came to celebrate Palm Sunday at the Cathedral in Antelias. During the Liturgy, to symbolize the entrance of Jesus to Jerusalem, the clergy and the children with their families walked in procession outside the walls of the Catholicosate. At the end of the liturgy His Holiness Aram I greeted the children, and addressed the faithful from his balcony. Palm Sunday in Antelias has become a day of joyful celebration because after his enthronization Catholicos Aram I declared Palm Sunday as the Feast of the Armenian Children and the Families. At the end of the message of His Holiness Aram I, the children flew balloons and doves, and received individual blessings from His Holiness Aram I in the Main Hall of his residence.

No comments: